January 18, 2024
Dear Friends of Tusculum,
We are so excited to be preparing for the 27th Old Oak Festival and hope that you will consider participating! At Tusculum University, we take pride in the community in which we live and look forward to YOU joining as a vendor.
Please read the information carefully as several changes are taking place in order to enhance the festival and to make the experience simplistic and successful for you.
Festival times open to the public:
Saturday, April 20 – 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 21 – 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
NOTE: All vendors, other than entertainment, must stay until the festival concludes on Sunday.
Entry fees: (Entire Weekend)
Artisans/Vendors, 10 x 10 space $75. Additional spaces may be reserved at $75 each.
- Tusculum Alumni discount price for 10 X 10 spaces $50
Authors Row vendors, 6 x 6 space $50. Additional spaces may be reserved at $50 each.
Box trailer vendors, $120
Food truck vendors, $120
- Complete the online registration form at https://forms.gle/NnRs72QiZSQMPZ78A or scan the QR Code. If the hyperlink does not work, please copy and paste the link into your web browser.
- No spaces will be reserved without payment
There are two options for payment.
To pay online:
- Please visit Giving to Tusculum, https://ssl.charityweb.net/tusculum/
- Once on the Giving to Tusculum page, enter the amount of the vendor registration fees
- Select Old Oak Festival from “Please use my donation for”” dropdown menu
- Enter your billing information
- In the personal note section, please list the name of the business or vendor
- Select Old Oak Festival from “Reason for giving:” dropdown menu
- Enter credit card information
- Hit Donate Now
If you prefer to pay by check or cash, physical payment can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 5040
Greeneville, TN 37745
Checks need to be made payable to Tusculum University. Please include the name of the business and contact person with any physical payments.
Once online or physical payment is received, vendors will be emailed a receipt and confirmation.
Location of setup:
- Authors Row will remain located on the top level of the Thomas J. Garland Library.
- Box trailer vendors will be set up in the parking lot at Scott M. Niswonger Commons.
- Food truck vendors will be set up in the parking lots between McCormick Hall and the Scott M. Niswonger Commons.
- All regular vendors, such as artisans, will be outdoors, no indoor spaces will be offered.
- Outdoor vendors will begin at the Tusculum Arch and line the pathways toward McCormick Hall, the library and leading toward the food vendors.
- Old Oak Show and Shine Car Show, you will be shown where parking is available at Annie Hogan Byrd, Katherine Hall and possibly the Meen Center parking lots.
Arrival time as a vendor:
The drive-thru registration will once again be set up at the historical Old Oak tree, located beside the Andrew Johnson Museum, off of Gilland Street. (same as 2023)
- Artisans/Vendors will check in at the drive-thru registration, unload, and set up from
6:00 – 9:00 p.m. on Friday, April 19th
- Authors Row vendors will check in at the drive-thru registration, unload, and set up from
4:00 – 5:30 p.m. on Friday, April 19th
- Food trucks will check in at the drive–thru registration, Saturday morning from 6:00 – 8:00 a.m.
- Box trailer vendors will check in at the drive-thru registration, Saturday morning from
6:00 – 8:00 a.m.
- Show and Shine car show vehicles may arrive on Saturday morning beginning at 9:00 a.m. Enter onto Shiloh Road, then third driveway to the left.
Volunteers will assist you with unloading your merchandise and moving it to your designated space. Once you are unloaded and your merchandise has been moved to your designated space, you must then move your vehicle to the designated parking lots. Vehicles left in the unloading zones after the unloading times may be towed, as this causes a disruption to the flow of traffic.
A shuttle will be running to pick you up and bring you back to the drop off location near the sidewalk pathway.
Please treat our student volunteers with upmost respect as they are volunteering their time to help you unload your merchandise. Anyone disrespecting the student volunteers will be asked to leave the premises. We have been told that the Old Oak Festival is the only one to offer unloading assistance, and for that, we are very proud!
Where to UNLOAD at your designated time:
- All vendors (artisans, food, authors, box trailers, entertainment) should enter the festival from the Gilland Street entrance (road directly across the street from Tusculum Baptist Church). Then, take the first left up a slight hill and proceed.
- Stop at the drive-thru registration tent. There you will be given a packet of information including your car pass and a campus map. If you need more than one parking pass, please indicate that on the vendor registration form.
- Artisan/Vendors and Authors – From registration, you will continue up the hill and to a stop sign. Go straight at the stop sign and take the very next driveway to the left. You will park and unload your merchandise in that parking lot. Volunteers will be available to help and to show you where your space is located.
- Food trucks – From registration, you will continue up the hill and to a stop sign. Go straight at the stop sign and take the very next driveway to the left. You will park your food truck or place your food tent in this area. Someone will be available to guide you to your reserved spot.
- Box trailer vendors – From registration, you will continue up the hill and to a stop sign. Go straight at the stop sign and the parking lot will be on your right at the Scott M. Niswonger Commons building, just before you would be crossing Shiloh. You will park your box trailer in this area. Someone will be available to guide you to your reserved spot.
- Old Oak Show and Shine vehicles – Enter onto Shiloh Road and take the third driveway to the left, before you get to the volleyball courts which are on the left as well. You will be instructed where to park, then please go to the registration tent in the show area. The first 50 participants will receive a dash plaque.
Notes of interest:
- Campus Security will be working around the clock to assure the grounds are monitored. Authors Row vendor spaces will be behind locked doors after hours to assure security inside the building. We also partner with the Tusculum Police Department to provide extra security.
- Food vendors, please know that the health inspector from the Health Department will be notified that the festival is taking place, so please be prepared.
We hope to have the website up and running in the near future!
As always, we look forward to having you on campus for the 27th Old Oak Festival! Come and join us for the fun and festivities.
Jolin Hawk and Greg Fay
Old Oak Festival Co-Chairs
For questions, please contact:
Jolin Hawk (Old Oak Festival Co-Chair – email@example.com – 423-636-7407)
Greg Fay (Old Oak Festival Co-Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org – 423-636-5093)Matilda Green (Authors – email@example.com – 423-329-5366)